Volunteers support the mission of Children’s Haven by donating their time and talent in a wide variety of roles that all positively impact the lives of the children in our care. Volunteers are essential to our existence and ability to serve our community and no amount of time goes unappreciated. We are committed to placing volunteers in meaningful roles that reflect their interests and skills and address the needs of our children.
Working directly with our kids, you can…
Teach a child or teen to:
- Ride a bike
- Braid hair
- Tie his/her shoes
- Play basketball
Spend quality time with a child…
- Painting nails
- Tutoring a child after school
- Baking cookies
- Rocking a baby to sleep
- Playing a board game
Working behind the scenes, you can…
- Plan a third party event (attached)
- Volunteer at an event that benefits Children's Haven.
- Assist with maintenance/landscaping.
Your group or family can…
- Provide dinner one evening for our children.
- Bake a cake or cookies for the children.
- Organize a special group activity for our children.
- Organize a fundraiser or drive for our kids.
- Help with landscaping around the property.
Your business can...
- Provide a meal for the children staying with us.
- Organize a "Jeans Day" at your office.
- Offer your professional services.
- Invite us to speak about Children's Haven at your next meeting.